Mold problems? Call the Fun-guys (and gals) at SERVPRO!
There's nothing that will make your heart drop quite like finding a patch of black mold within your Shakopee, Savage, or Prior Lake home. Mold cleanup does not have to be stressful, however. The easiest and most reliable method of mold remediation relies on the knowledge and equipment of experts, like our certified technicians here a SERVPRO.
Professionals Follow the Standard Steps
- Find the moisture source. Mold is a clear sign that your property is having moisture issues and current/past water damage. A roof leak or condensation buildup may be the criminal at hand. Finding and fixing the moisture is essential; if you cannot stop the moisture you cannot stop the mold.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE). Mold can not only break down the integrity of your structure, but it can be a hazard. It is recommended that professionals often put on masks, gloves, and goggles before working with the mold.
- Remove porous materials. Porous materials such as drywall and carpets will have to be discarded if they are affected my moisture and mold.
- Clean and disinfect the non-porous objects. Professionals will use an EPA and CDC certified blend of cleaning supplies to clean the hard surfaces. Once they are disinfected, the cleaning should remove all spores.
- Dry out the effected area. As we stated before, moisture is a catalyst for mold. The entire area should be properly dried so that there is no risk of another mold incidence. Depending on the severity, the certified technicians may bring in air movers and dehumidifiers to expedite the process.
SERVPRO of Shakopee/Savage/Prior Lake is more than equipped to handle any mold remediation and rebuild needs that you may have. Call 952-403-1050 if you suspect to have moisture or mold within the confines of your property.