Heavy rains and Flooded Basements
Heavy rain can potentially cause flooding in your basement when you least expect it. One of the worst incidents a residential property owner can experience is water damage. SERVPRO is dedicated to helping families to quickly address these emergencies. Our team is certified and trained to deal with all kinds of water damage removal, and they will work with you quickly after your initial call. We also advise you on how to minimize the flood damage until our crew arrives.
How to Reduce the Damage:
- If possible, stop water at its source.
- Do NOT walk on wet carpeting.
- If the area is safe to approach, remove any small electrical devices from area(s) with excess water and turn off the electricity in your home.
- To avoid the risk of electric shock, do NOT use a home or shop vacuum in attempts to remove water.
- Remove any high-value, breakable, and/or moisture-sensitive items.
- Remember to constantly wash your hands after handling any items.
- Plan for the restoration crew to move furniture to safe, dry areas.
- Do not be tempted to turn on heating, fans or air conditioning units as they could potentially spread contamination if the situation is related to sewage.
- We will immediately bring extraction equipment into your home to remove any freestanding water.
- We use professional grade dehumidifying and drying equipment to treat the effective area(s) in order to bring the humidity levels in your home back to normal. Additional tools are used to find pockets of water that could be hidden.
- Proper drying and extraction techniques will help minimize secondary damage, such as potential microbial growth.
- Saturated, damaged carpeting and padding will need to be removed and replaced.
- Our professionals will monitor the drying process and reposition the drying equipment as needed.
Once your belongings and home are dry, we will put everything back as it was. If necessary, we are able to work directly with your insurance company to help process the insurance claim. Flood damage can cause severe damage in your home, but SERVPRO of Scott County and Chaska can help avoid additional damage when you call us right away at (952) 403-1050. We will act quickly to begin the process of flood damage remediation.