Recent Fire Damage Posts

Winter Fire Prevention

12/11/2017 (Permalink)

As the long winter season once again gets into full swing and people start breaking out the heating equipment; it’ important to remember that just because its’ cold doesn’t mean fires can’t happen. In fact according to the National Fire Protection Association heating fires are the number two cause of all US home fires. In order to prevent fires in your home it’s important to take these tips into consideration.

               -Be sure to have your chimneys and heating equipment inspected before the winter hits

               -Don’t plug stationary or portable heaters into an extension cord

               -Be sure to turn space heaters off before leaving a room or going to bed

               -Keep space heaters at least three feet from anything flammable

               -Don’t allow children or pets to play around heaters

               -When using candles around the holidays; be sure to blow them out before leaving or going to bed

In the winter it’s important to stay warm but make sure you use these tips in order to keep things from getting too hot. Although if a fire does start, know that we here at SERVPRO of Scott County/Chaska (952-403-1050) will be here and ready to help make it “Like it never even happened.”  

Holiday Fire Prevention

11/21/2017 (Permalink)

The holidays’ are once again upon us and with them comes the risk of house fires. According to the United State Fire Administration the top three days of home cooking fires occur on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Cooking isn’t the only fire hazard of the holidays though so SERVPRO of Scott County/Chaska has some tips to help prevent fires in this coming holiday season

    Cooking

       -Make sure to have a working fire extinguisher within your kitchen that is rated for all fires.

       -Be sure if you’re deep-frying turkey this thanksgiving too keep it outside of the house

       -This one seems obvious but is very important and that is to stay alert while cooking and not getting distracted

       -Keep cords near the end of the cooking area to keep them out of potential harm’s way

    Candles

       -Make sure when lighting candles to keep them at least a foot away from anything flammable

       -Be sure to put them out before going to sleep for the night or before leaving your home

     Holiday Lighting

       -When putting up decorative lights make sure that the wires aren’t frayed nor have cracks

       -Be sure not to plug too many lights into one outlet; it’s a safe bet to only use the outlets on the wall

      Fireplaces

       -Be sure to have chimney inspected before using them

       -Keep a screen on the front of the fireplace to avoid embers from getting out and on to floor or other items

In the unfortunate instance of actually having a fire the team here at SERVPRO of Scott County/Chaska will be ready to assist you with clean up and restoration. Feel free to give us a call anytime with any questions you may have at (952)-403-1050

Fire Damage in Shakopee, MN

10/14/2016 (Permalink)

It's times like these when you can count on us! SERVPRO of Scott County/Chaska is ready to help you recover from fire damage of any size.

A fire due to a small incident in this Shakopee home caused damage to over 50% of the structure. Thankfully, the family was unharmed, but their home was badly damaged. SERVPRO of Scott County/Chaska was called in to clean up the aftermath and help restore the family's contents. We know that after a traumatic experience like this, it's important to our customers to work efficiently and thoroughly.

Fire damage includes smoke and soot, which can affect furnishings such as curtains, sofas, pillows, etc. Don't throw these items away, as our crew may be able to save them!

If you need help recovering from fire damage, please call SERVPRO of Scott County/Chaska at (952) 403-1050. We are available to respond to emergencies 24/7 or to offer our expertise to your fire damage problem in order to make things "Like it never even happened."