Freezing Water Pipes
As the temperatures drop and fall comes to a close it’s important to make sure that you take steps to insure that your water pipes don’t freeze and burst. Here are a few helpful tips to help prevent any freezing in your pipes.
- Make sure to drain the water from the supply lines of your outdoor sprinkler system and swimming pools, also be sure to remove and drain outdoor hoses as well
- Keep your homes thermostat to the same temp day and night; if you’re planning to be away from your home for a few days be sure to keep the temperature no lower than 55 degrees Fahrenheit
- Keep interior doors open to allow heat to better travel throughout the home
- Adding extra insulation in areas such as unfinished basements, attics and crawl spaces
- On very cold days letting your faucet go on cold with a light drip can help prevent freezing pipes
In the event that the cold weather gets the best of your pipes and they burst be sure to shut off the main water valve to the home then give SERVPRO of Scott County/Chaska a call (952-403-1050)